Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Circus Has Begun

The Memorial Day Weekend kicks off  our 10 room circus for the summer season.  It started yesterday with a gaggle of geezers who checked in to 2 of our standard rooms.  They showed up with an extra man, which tips me off that they're probably  going to treat my motel as a fish camp.  Turns out that I wasn't wrong in my first impression.  " Hey, there's no kitchen in here," one of them yells, "how am I going to cook my chowder.?"  (Note:  they were too cheap to book a kitchen when the reservation was made.) # 1 moved the furniture around to accomodate an air mattress.  They stacked their own toaster oven and coffee maker on top of my microwave, thereby compromising the fire safety, electrical capacity and insurance issues in that room.  Their compadres in #4 put bags of dead fish in my little in-room fridge.  I double bagged it and put it in a plastic container so the fish juice wouldn't leak out onto the carpet.  That's happened too many times before and closing the room for 2 days in order to get rid of the fish stink costs us money.

I almost never go around to the fish cleaning station, because I can't take the stink of dead fish. This morning I did and was appalled and disgusted at what I found. My DH, who is supposed to take care of that area apparently hadn't cleaned it in weeks. I had to dispose of fermenting fish rags, empty a large can of ,(jeez, I'm not sure how to describe this without barfing) fish garbage? I hosed off all the surfaces and cans, sprayed with bleach, put ODOBAN in each can and added a bug candle and a supply of clean rags.

Also ran to the Pig (our little supermarket) because I had to stock up for the weekend before the holiday crowds clogged the aisles. Needed to lock up the office because the DH was still in bed.  I was going to make potato salad today and this evening I put the potatos on to boil then totally forgot them when I had to run out to make up #8. My potato salad has turned into mashies.
The boys in #8 forgot to check out this morning.  Their room was booked for tonight, but they didn't leave this morning.  They were workers and after calling their supervisor found out that they thought they had to leave tomorrow.  I'll admit to freaking out on the lady, but it worked, because at 6PM they returned and cleaned out their stuff.  I ran out there praying that I could turn the room over before my reserved guests arrived.  As luck would have it, 15 minutes after I finished, they showed.  Thank you jeezus........... The circus has begun.  All 10 rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment