Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Pea Soup Kind Of Day


It's warmer here, but raining. I'm reading "Snow Falling On Cedars," an award winning book I should have gotten to years ago, but thoroughly enjoying now. The locale in the book is the pacific northwest and during a heavy snowstorm, one of the characters goes to take some supplies to his mother and when he arrives she's making a pot of bean soup.


Well right away, I remembered my meaty ham bone left over from Christmas dinner. The lady in the book added a couple of small turnips to her soup, so I said "what the hell," & threw in a couple of turnips with the other veggies. I chose split pea instead of bean because it's DH's favorite. I'm nice to him every now & then. Not too often. I need to keep him on his toes.
In all modesty, it's a thing of beauty. Especially percolating away in my new Christmas present Rachal Ray stock pot.

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! Love the new stock pot, nice Christmas present!

    ReplyDelete