Monday, January 18, 2010

Golden Globes



More about these two later.


I'll admit it, I'm a fan of awards shows & the Golden Globes is one of my favorites because it's more informal in nature than most and there's booze involved. I think Julia Roberts got an early start.


Most of the winners were actors I admire even if I hadn't seen the nominated roles. Love Sandra Bullock (but then again, who doesn't,) Kevin Bacon, John Lithgow, Meryl of course and one of my favorite hotties, Jeff Bridges. I was rooting for Jane Lynch from Glee even though I've never seen the show. She plays Charlie Harper's shrink on "Two and A Half Men" and cracks me up every time.


Best movie winner Avatar just should never have happened. There should be a separate category for computer generated movies. It's not quite fully animated, but neither does it rely on straight story line, direction and acting like the other 4 nominees. It was a clear case of apples and oranges.


The only one of the five films I've see is "Up in the Air." It was good. Not outstanding, good. The female actresses almost stole the show. I was curious about Vera Farmiga. She's not a young girl & I wondered why I had never seen her work before this. So I googled her & came up with a movie about the Boston irish mafia called "The Departed." I wanted to see her in something else, so I rented it.


Dan & I watched it together, just so you know it isn't just me. We were both very confused during the first half hour because we couldn't figure out how a cop could work both undercover and overtly at the same time. Duh......it was two different guys. Are we the only ones who didn't notice this. That's their photos up top. And I like Leo DiCaprio! Anyway, it was a damn good movie and I enjoyed watching a younger Vera Farmiga.
Here's my two cents on the fashions. Sofia Vergara and Julie Bowen from Modern Family were perfectly glam followed closely by Toni Collette and Olivia Wilde. On the other hand, Drew Barrymore was being crawled on by giant caterpillers, Tina Fey slummed in a consignment shop frock and my BFF Cher was channeling Morticia.












No comments:

Post a Comment