Friday, February 18, 2011

What IS that?

The Dixie Belle has been jammin' during the last few weeks.  There are a couple of major construction projects going on & we're the only local motel offering weekly rates so the word has gotten out to the construction workers & I've had the no vacancy sign out  pretty much Monday through Thursday.

With this unexpected boon comes unexpected problems.  Check out the photo.


These used to be two of my soft white fluffy bath towels.  I top locked these guys so they couldn't get in their room until they brought their supervisor to my office.  He paid for the replacements and took care of speaking to the inconsiderate, disrespectful, ignorant filthy pigs. Oh excuse me... guests.

Unfortunately, I still take it personally when people disrespect me and my property.  I used to get very angry, but that just raises my blood pressure, so I get even.  I hit them where it hurts.  Either in the pocket or with the boss. 

Not all of them fit the above description and I understand that some of the job sites are muddy and dirt's going to get tracked inside.  I can deal with that & some of the guys are going out of their way to keep their rooms as clean as they can.  I have one guy who's been here for over a month & has observed some of the bad behavior of others.  He has watched me outside at night with my whip and chair trying to tame the beasts.  "Michele," he said last night, "I have your back.  If you need any help with these guys I'll be there for you."  Isn't that sweet? 

I have my doubts though.  Greg's  a lover not a fighter.  Every week there's a different car parked at his room and he tells me he met a nice lady.  Today he said he's getting homesick for his dogs and cats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment