Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Clueless or is it me?

When I opened the door to #6 this morning, I was so taken aback, I called Dan & said, "you're not going to believe the condition of this room. Come over here & see it for yourself."

We have a 4 person max in most of our rooms because they're small. I did, however allow 5 people this time since one was an infant in a travel crib. Why haven't I learned after all these years?

First off, they moved the furniture around in order to put the portable crib where they wanted it. I didn't have a problem with that.

Here's where my problem came in. They were using one of my decorative comforters as a pee liner for the crib & the other on the floor as a sleeping bag. The floor was covered in food crumbs and french fries. One of the beds had been stripped of sheets because of a spill of some kind of red juice.

I changed the sheets on the red juice bed & I took the comforters and pillow shams out of the room to launder, adding two additional loads of wash to my work day. I need them to be clean for the next guests.

When the people returned to the room I happened to be coming out of the laundry. They asked me if they were getting their comforters back. Emphatically, "NO, " I said. "You disrespected me & my property. When you travel with children, you should bring their necessities with you. You misused my comforters, trashed my room and my job is to make sure everything is clean for the next guests. "

"Well," she says to me. "You should wash everything when we leave." Clueless, ignorant and never returning to the Dixie Belle.

No comments:

Post a Comment